How do we make buying and selling decisions:
- Evaluate company and product features to find intrinsic value (aka fundamental analysis)
- Look for price fit, price movement, discounts, offers etc. (aka technical analysis)
- Search online for the right product – just Google it! (aka search analysis)
- Look for reviews, blogs, tweets, news items, research reports to read what experts and common people are saying about the product (aka sentiment analysis)
The platform enables transparency and improved collaboration across Traders, Research Analysts, and Portfolio Managers while ensuring that trading actions & strategies stay aligned with the firm’s objectives. SSi’s blockchain powered consortium fosters collaboration across like-minded firms using the SSi product. Creating a win-win ecosystem!
Social Media adoption is all pervasive and influencing buying and selling decisions. Investors & Traders need alternate data to maximize gains while also managing risks.
The market for Impact investing is growing rapidly. However, there is a lack if standards and transparency w.r.t measuring ESG scores. Public Perception of ESG specific to a company is not available.
For Investment research and trading there is an explosion of content from a multitude of sources that needs to be searched and analyzed in real time.
How do we get this huge and diverse content together in one place to search, understand, visualize and create actionable insights in real-time?
Social Sentiment Insights (SSi) endeavors to solve the above problems.
SSi functions across the front, middle and back office departments. It enhances trading gains, manages portfolio risk, and improves compliance by ensuring that trades align with the firm’s objectives
The target market consists of both buy side & sell side firms including:
- Hedge Funds
- Asset Managers
- Investment Banks
- Boutique Research firms
- Broker Dealers
- Retail Brokers
- Financial News Portals
- Research Analysts
- Investment Managers/Advisors
- Portfolio Managers
- ESG Analysts
- Market Risk Analysts
FinsoftAi SSi API’s
FinSoftAi API suite offers API endpoints to stream near real-time or gather Ticker/Sector specific social Sentiment Data and Alerts. This high quality data can be used to generate rich insights for any Ticker.
Environment, Social and Governance [ESG] factors for a company can be uniquely gauged using the ESG Sentiment Data endpoint. Distinct E, S, and G scores are also provided.
Consumers can analyse proprietary sentiment OHLC data for sentiment volume or sentiment score via the Sentiment OHLC Endpoint.
FinSoftAi SSi APIs read data from in-house operational data store using optimized search queries. The endpoints offer customization of these queries by the consumers to curate unique, timely and actionable financial insights.
Click to access API documentation https://api.finsoftai.com/ui/
Standalone Research Terminal, Historical data only, NLP Query, Sentiment Vs. Price, and Sentiment Volume Vs. Trading Volume charts, Search AnalyticsInstitutionalRetail
ESG or “E”, “S” and “G” specific Scores based on public sentiment for each stock
Sentiment scores are derived using a custom sentiment query that is specific to each stocks ESG requirements. Different weights used for “E”, “S” and “G” based on the sector to which the stock belongs.
Quarterly/Monthly/Weekly/Daily ESG dashboards. ESG scores superimposed over stock price and other trading graphs. Enables superior ROI with Impact Investing
Daily Social Buzz and Social Sentiment Volatility data
Social Buzz and Sentiment dashboards
CRO/Risk managers can stress test and rebalance portfolios based on social risk
Real-time & historical data, API Interface, Trading signals, SSi ResearchInstitutionalRetail
Research, Trading Signals, API Interface, Real-time, and historical data
Research, Trader, Portfolio Manager, and Product Admin: Roles and Workflow
Performance Dashboards, Portfolio Sentiment heat map
Audit feature to confirm that trading actions are aligned with the firm’s objectives
The Desk Solution is available both as a centralized database version and a decentralized private permissioned blockchain version.
Query Marketplace, fostering collaboration across like-minded research and trading firms
Customized views for the Query Marketplace – depending on the trust level between the consortium participants.
Leverages private permissioned blockchain technology.Institutional
- Market Analyst
- Portfolio Manager
Research Analysts need to go over volumes of information overnight. This includes news, analyst reports, social media posts, financial results, financial policy and regulatory changes etc. Upon analysis of this information they publish research reports and make recommendations to Traders. SSi leverages Artificial Intelligence to simply and automate this task by filtering volumes of information using NLP like queries and enabling them to formally present their insights in the form of executable queries.
- Research Analysts can build new queries or modify existing queries.
- The NLP like queries can filter news, social media and private documents on currently trending concepts, keywords, authors, stock symbols etc.
- This enables focused sentiment measurement on the documents returned by the query.
- Approved queries that provide unique insights are used by Traders to multiply trading gains.
- Traders can select and use queries to make trading decisions during live market hours.
- The Trader can configure sentiment weights for each source feed to align with their thinking and trading style.
- The Trader can visually monitor the total sentiment heat bar or individual color coded sentiment doughnuts for each data source.
- The Trader can set alerts based on a combination of sentiment, price and technical indicators. Such alerts can function as Buy, Hold or Sell signal indicators.
- SSi API’s can be used to integrate with the Traders Order Management System (OMS)
- Traders also rate queries that are created by Research Analysts
- Assigns research tasks (Stocks, Sector, Market) to Research Analysts. Research Analysts create one or more queries to complete the assigned tasks. These queries are tested, approved or rejected by the Portfolio Manager.
- Leverages the dashboards to monitor performance of the firm, Research Analysts and Traders.
- Uses the heatmap feature to regularly review the portfolio while monitoring stock and portfolio sentiment.
- Runs and reviews audit reports to ensure that the trading actions are consistent with the firms objectives.
Product Administrator is an IT user responsible for configuring the product. This includes user management, feed management, setting default sentiment weights, configuring firm wide commission rules, exporting a sentiment query to the consortium etc.
Modular & Configurable
- SSi is architected as a set of loosely coupled components. Customers can pick and choose what they want now. Buy what they need in the medium/long term later
- Available with its own UI or headless. SSi API’s enable integration with third party trading applications.
- Can be configured to meet every users needs:
- Various Data sources for qualitative and quantitative sentiment can be configured
- Select news feeds can be configured
- Choice of multiple sentiment engines – third party and custom FinSoftAI engine
- Sentiment weights can be configured
- Technical indicators can be selected/configured to the users liking
- Heatmap can be configured based on different parameters
- NLP Query elements can be configured (future offering for a configurable NLP query)
- Commission rules can be configured
- Custom Audits can be configured and scheduled
Next Generation Solutions
and it is not the Bull side or the Bear side, but the right side”
that they are now making with all their best efforts”
whose eyes are glued to the scoreboard”